Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sackville (Reprise)




As is my habit I am away from the sturm, dust and drang of the metropolis for the summer. I have returned to Sackville for a reprise of last summers adventures. 

The cast of this drama is the same. 




My mission is of course to use the landscape for inspiration, and the production of a group of landscapes for a public exhibition this fall. But the relaxing quality of life is a bit in contrast to the usual pull of the need to accomplish and be busy. It takes effort to relax, an oxymoron.


Here's a couple of initial sketches. I plan to develop some studio work as well, and perhaps draw from some of the motifs from last summer. Go to 



for some of those, and stay posted for the ongoing saga.











1 comment:

  1. Stephen: Really like what you have posted.

    That painting of the trees is sooooo wonderful. For some reason
    it really strikes me. I can't explain it. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete